* Finding a comfortable resolution for our Christmas Day plans. Due to family travels and the arrival of Baby-Bug (remember we were planning on him arriving around Thanksgiving instead of Halloween…) our usual plans, our annual traditions, are different this year. We've been trying to find a place where our desires and logistics can balance for the holiday and just today we worked it out. I'm relieved about that.
* A good brunch with my adopted brother who we hadn't seen in Way Too Long. I love good friends and family who inspire good conversation.
* Fixing the lights in our Winter Village. It's a decoration from my childhood, the Little-Bug's favorite, and almost as important a fixture as the Tree. But the lights didn't work this year, I had to take it all down, get new lights, and put it back up. Now the lights shines from the wee windows and it feels much more festive around here.
* Seeing my breath on cold days. This has always been a favorite of mine.
* A moment of inspiration that inspired some good dress-up, creative learning, and hilarious photos. I'm not posting it now – that picture is for a specific post.
* Seeing the pictures of queer couples getting married in Washington this week. It's amazing to me that the issue of gay marriage is controversial at all, and I am so glad that it is getting to be less of an issue all the time.
* Going grocery shopping all by myself. I even went out for coffee first. It's not a tropical vacation by any means, but I sure enjoyed the heck out of my hour or so all on my own.
* Making cookies. Lots of cookies of all kinds. Licking bowls, tasting dough, colorful frostings, sprinkles all over everything…and the many photo opportunities that come with cookies.
* Papa-Bug fixing the door knob on the front door – finally! Those minor annoyances an sniffling tasks feel so good when they are done.
* Our Christmas lights. Every time we drive up to the house in the dark, the cheerful lights make me happy that this is my home.
This comes from a tradition of Gratidude over at WoolyMossRoots. I'm trying to be as consistent as Taryn is, and I love it when I actually get around to it!