– Nursing! I know that not every Mama has an easy time nursing or makes enough milk or feels good and empowered to feed her baby. I am so grateful that my mom showed me healthy nursing with my brothers and sister; that I have an abundant supply of milk; that I find nursing comfortable and pretty easy. I am so lucky that this is something I do easily and well, and I don’t take this blessing lightly.
– To repeat last week. My midwife. I could probably get through pregnancy, labor, birth, and early baby days without her, but I really wouldn’t want to. Just knowing she’s out there is huge in helping me face each new challenge.
– A newborn who smiles in his sleep. I’m trying to get a picture, but it’s such a fleeting moment. I’m glad he has happy dreams.
– The outpouring of love from my community; bringing meals, helping with errands, anything we need and more has been offered to us.
– Learning with Papa-Bug how to render our own lard and tallow. It’s a great source of Vitamin D, which we really need in this corner of the cloudy northwest. And our own fresh, organic lard is really, really good on toast. I love getting a new skill to add to my food preserving “can dos”. Actually, this is something our midwife taught us in passing during a prenatal, so she really gets two this week.
– Lazy mornings in bed with my Husband and Three Kids. Cuddles, reading, leisure, kisses…and often baby poop everywhere!
I could keep going and going because the blessings are piling up. But I’ll stop here and encourage other people out there in the world to stop and think about what blessings surround you this moment.
This comes from a tradition of Gratidude over at WoolyMossRoots. I’m not as consistent as Taryn is, but I try and I love it when I actually get around to it!