I have just a couple today, coming out of 36 hours of a family wide stomach bug. At one point all four of us were crammed into our tiny bathroom, rotating various receptacles for what was erupting from our bodies. It wasn’t a great time.
So I am grateful for:
– An amazing husband who rallied with me, dealt with as much or more bodily fluids as I did, exerted untold amounts of patience with our sick kids, and didn’t moan much about his own discomfort. I am so grateful I have him to help me.
– My brother who dropped everything to bring us a stack of DVDs that the kids hadn’t seen recently. It kept the kids calm and resting while Papa-Bug and I dozed.
– Classic Disney. It was really comforting to have Robin Hood and Jungle Book on yesterday (among others) – some of the movies that comforted me on sick days when I was little.
– The bone broth I made recently. Just the thing to get our digestive systems back to the land of the functional.
– Wonderful offers of help from friends.
I’m so glad we are on the mend and healing quickly. The washer is running our mountain of laundry and things are coming back together. In a couple of days this will be part of the family legend and our lives will have returned to routine.
Thank goodness for that.
Tagging posts, I came across this Haiku from about a year ago. It made me laugh…
This comes from a tradition of Gratidude over at WoolyMossRoots. I’m not as consistent as Taryn is, but I try and I love it when I actually get around to it!